We are online gambling company and the information we collect is used to provide you with safe, sufficient, personalised and fun service.
This Policy applies to our website.
• what information we collect;
• how we use this information;
• how this information is shared;
• your rights; and
• other useful privacy and security-related matters.
Kindly take the time to read this policy. It is important to check for updates to this policy. In case if we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice on the relevant Service and/or contact you using other methods such as email.
The information that we might collect and process:
• name, address, contact information and messages if you contact us;
• documents for account verification reasons;
• details from the payment providers for payments and account verification reasons;
• details such as traffic information, location data and other communication data (including IP address and browser type) collected by your availing of the Services;
• device information including unique device identifier;
• we collect cookies to analyse site traffic to gain knowledge of trends and provide a better service. To identify your preferred language and deliver web content that you request in the same language. To maintain a user session to authenticate you on our servers and accept the instructions pertaining to your account;
• Your gaming activities;
• deposits, payments, payment method and other account transactions - these are routinely analysed to assist us in improving the Services we provide to you;
• Live Chat conversations;
• phone conversations;
• your response to marketing campaigns from us or through our third parties i.e. open/click on such emails;
• your social media profile details (name, profile photo and other information you make available to us) when you connect with or contact us through a social media account;
• information derived based on profiling activity (see below); and
• information from third-party databases to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• social media profiles and data for fraud and money laundering prevention
Not all the personal information we hold about you will always come directly from you. We may also collect information from third parties such as our partners, service providers and publicly available websites ( i.e. social media platforms), to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, offer Services we think may be of interest, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Services.
What your personal data is used for:
Account setup, verification, and management: We use personal information such as your name, email address, mobile number, and information about your device to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support, verify your identity, process payment information and Service information.
To verify your age and the accuracy of your registration details, including disclosure of such information to third parties e.g. financial institutions and third-party reference agencies. This is required to comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use personal information to enforce our terms and conditions.
Personalisation: Your personal information is used to deliver and suggest tailored content to personalize your experience with our services, also to offer you best services and bonuses. This is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in delivering or presenting relevant content to our customers.
Marketing: Subject to any preferences you have expressed (where applicable), we use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, text messaging, online, push notification or otherwise. We will do this during the period of your relationship with us to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers, which we think, may be of interest to you.
We might send you a marketing email or SMS, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these marketing communications in the future. You can also manage your information and update your marketing preferences through the “Personal Settings” tab when you log in to your account.
We will, from time to time, send you marketing material, which may be of particular interest to you based on your behaviours i.e. your gameplay activity, trends and interests. These marketing messages will provide you with information about the products, services, active promotions or offers.
Your alias can be published along with prizes or winning received on our website.
Risk Management: In order to provide the Services to you and for our legitimate purposes, we process personal data to evaluate and manage risks to our business.
Legal and regulatory obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; and
(b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
Profiling: In accordance with our legitimate interests detailed below or to comply with our legal obligations, we carry out profiling and analysis based upon your location data, age, betting and gameplay activity, interests, and behaviours for the following purposes:
Risk and trading analysis; and
Licensing and legal obligations i.e. Responsible Gambling, Anti Money Laundering, Age Verification, fraud prevention.
Other purposes: We may also use and retain personal information for; loss prevention; and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons in accordance with our legitimate interests.
How information we have is shared:
With third party service providers and partners
We may share your information for these reasons:
• for customer support;
• data analysis;
• research and surveys;
• we may be required to share your information for the purposes of calculating fees and benefits owed.
For legal reasons:
We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
• To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
• In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
• To protect our rights, users, systems, and services.
Retention of information:
Please note that we may be required in certain circumstances to retain your information indefinitely (for example under our procedures on responsible gambling, self-exclusion and money laundering). We will take all necessary steps to ensure that the privacy of information is maintained for the period of retention.
What if you want us to stop using your personal information?
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object' and ‘right to erasure', or the ‘right to be forgotten'.
There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data. But please tell us if you think that we should not be using it.
We may sometimes be able to restrict the use of your data. This means that it can only be used for certain things, such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights. In this situation, we would not use or share your information in other ways while it is restricted.
You have a right for your data portability: This right allows you to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us with your consent or which was necessary for us to provide you with our products and services in a format which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation. You may have the right to have your personal data transferred by us directly to the other organisation, if this is technically feasible.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
• It is not accurate.
• It has been used unlawfully but you do not want us to delete it.
• It is not relevant anymore, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
• You have already asked us to stop using your data but you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep on using it.
If you want to object to how we use your data or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it, please contact us.
To submit a complaint on our data processing practices, kindly follow this link.